[collectd] I guess we need a config file

Niki Waibel niki.waibel at newlogic.com
Wed Dec 14 13:46:45 CET 2005

>> Before I start doing big changes, does anyone have anything to note?
>>

> If I can add a suggestion, if think it will be great if we can change
> the resolution. Maybe the resolution can be in the configuration file ?

adding LAST to the databases is also useful for some modules.
sometimes you just want to know what the LAST value is.
MIN/MAX/AVG is not ok in that case.

that database would be only necessary for the first couple of minutes,
hours, days, depending on the resolution.

so a full range of values would not be necessary.

niki