[collectd] I guess we need a config file

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue Dec 13 23:37:03 CET 2005

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 12:41:00AM +0100, Florian Forster wrote:
> To sum the opinios up:
> - There seems to be a consensus that a config file is a good thing. I'm
>   especially interested in loading a module in the server process but
>   not the client..
>
> So, alternatives for `glib' are:
> - Config file parser
>   o libconfig <http://www.rkeene.org/oss/libconfig/>
>     Small (88k), BSD style license, documentation could be better

this is what I'm going for at the moment. The library needs some getting
used to, but after that it's pretty neat.. Guess I'll have to contribute
some documentation back ;) You can find some NOT YET WORKING code at:
https://subversion.verplant.org/collectd/branches/collectd-configfile

Just wanted to let you know that I've decided against including `glib'
in favor of `libconfig' (see above) and portability.

No news from the `thread'-issue due to my limited sparetime.