[collectd] Collectd 3.4 not running after update from 3.3

Jan Huijsmans bofh at koffie.nu
Mon Dec 5 13:20:31 CET 2005

Hallo Octo,

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 11:48:41AM +0100, Florian Forster wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 11:19:20AM +0100, Jan Huijsmans wrote:
> > The mix is mainly because the 3.4 version stopped working directly
> > after the upgrade.
> I'm sorry to hear that.. Are you aware that the package has been split
> up into many smaller packages, so choosing which modules to use is much
> more easily (yet not perfect, I know)?

After installing the modules (I should've bin able to find them myself)
everything is working again.

Some tips to improve the debian packaging:

- Add the complete list as suggested packages for collectd
  (with maybe the processes of memory module as required)
- Add an /etc/init.d/collectd restart in the post-install of the
modules

Is it possible to have collectd execute specified scripts for other
data gathering purposes? I have created scripts to count users, gather
filesystem usage and stuff like that. It would be very nice to have those
script executed by collectd.

> If that's not the problem you can find old packages here:
> <http://verplant.org/debian/dists/stable/collectd/binary-i386/>

The problem is solved, so I won't need them, but maybe others could
benefit from the packages.

Jan Huijsmans