[collectd] SNMP Exponential Backoff

Sergey a_s_y at sama.ru
Mon Jul 20 16:48:38 CEST 2015

On Tuesday 16 June 2015, you wrote:

> > I propose to create a "LimitDelay" (or "MaxDelay") setting for snmp
> > plugin. And possibly per any <host> section.
>
> You can use the global "MaxReadInterval" option.

I attemted to use "MaxReadInterval 3600" but I continue to see in log:

snmp plugin: host name: snmp_sess_synch_response failed: Timeout
read-function of plugin `snmp-name' failed. Will suspend it for 86400.000 seconds.

In addition I have found now what in some other cases I see only

snmp plugin: host name2: snmp_sess_synch_response failed: Timeout
snmp plugin: host name2: snmp_sess_synch_response failed: Timeout
snmp plugin: host name2: snmp_sess_synch_response failed: Timeout
snmp plugin: host name2: snmp_sess_synch_response failed: Timeout

without a message about to set timeout. Collectd 5.4.2.

--
Regards, Sergey