[collectd] flapjack integration

Jesse Reynolds jesse at bulletproof.net
Mon Oct 20 13:41:43 CEST 2014

Hi Oğuz,

> On 15 Oct 2014, at 6:42 pm, Oğuz Yarımtepe <oguzyarimtepe at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was checking whether it is possible to use collectd with Flapjack and saw that flapjack has
> already defined a configuration for it:
>
> http://flapjack.io/docs/1.0/development/Gathering-internal-statistics-with-collectd/ <http://flapjack.io/docs/1.0/development/Gathering-internal-statistics-with-collectd/>
>
> Did any of you tried it and saw it working?

Yes, we use this mechanism to graph Flapjack’s internal metrics. Is that what you want to do?

> I am also planning to combine health check mechanism with collectd and write custom
> plugins for checking whether a required service is working or not. Any one of you did this with collectd or any suggestions to how to do it?

I’ve not seen this with Flapjack but it’s certainly possible. What we do at Bulletproof though is write checks that inspect the metrics collected by collectd and generate a stream of state events for Flapjack’s consumption.