[collectd] Enhancing data using filter_chain or?

Kevin Bowling kbowling at llnw.com
Fri May 30 08:26:22 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'd like to add Tags to our OpenTSDB writer plugin at:
https://github.com/llnw/collectd/tree/F-METRICS-383-tsdb-writer-5.4

I have the problem solved easily enough for tags that apply to all
metrics sent by the collectd instance by specifying them in the writer
plugin's config and appending this at write time.

However, with OpenTSDB there are a lot of cases where you want to tag
individual metrics with some piece of metadata (like CPU number, port
number, etc).

I have a general idea for doing this using the filter_chain and
extracting interesting things using a new set target and regex target,
but I'm not sure of a nice way to have a target plugin pass state into
a writer plugin.  Is this something I can do without chaining the
collectd API?

Please CC, I am not subscribed.

Kevin Bowling - Systems Development Team - P: 480-227-1233

--
The information in this message may be confidential.  It is intended solely
for