[collectd] Issue with Collectd plugin for Apache ssl

Toni Moreno toni.moreno at gmail.com
Thu May 29 12:56:34 CEST 2014

I'm using this config in the apache plugin and I've added to the collectd
distribution the ca-bundle.crt contained in openssl package ( located at
/etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt in RHEL 5.6)

  <Instance "local_443">
    URL "https://localhost:443/server-status?auto"
    VerifyPeer false
    VerifyHost false
    CACert "/opt/collectd/etc/ca-bundle.crt"
  </Instance>

I hope this issue can help you.

> Hi,
>
> I am using collectd 5.1.0 on ubuntu 13.10, libgnutls-dev 2.12.23-1ubuntu4.2
>
> I found one error in syslog while collectd try to conntect to
> https://localhost/server-status
>
> *May 28 09:02:52 localhost kernel: [ 2140.169515] collectd[22500]:
> segfault at 0 ip 00007f5622e09b99 sp 00007f561f447920 error 4 in
> libgnutls.so.26.22.6[7f5622d95000+b6000]*
>
> I attached the output of collectd trace. At the end of that trace, it
> connect to some resource but got Timeout error several times, then it stop.
>
> Regards,
> Tien
>

> On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Otis Gospodnetic <
> otis.gospodnetic at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Which version of Collectd?  OS?  GNU TLS?
>> Any errors in Collectd log?
>> What about running Collectd with strace, does that show anything?
>>
>> Otis
>> --
>> Performance Monitoring * Log Analytics * Search Analytics
>> Solr & Elasticsearch Support * http://sematext.com/
>>

>> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 10:50 PM, Tien Nguyen Manh <
>> tien.nguyenmanh at sematext.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have issue config Collectd Apache plugin for Apache running on https
>>> with status page
>>> https://localhost/server-status
>>>
>>> Here is my collectd config part for Apache plugin
>>>
>>> LoadPlugin apache
>>> <Plugin "apache">
>>>   <Instance "default">
>>>     URL "https://localhost/server-status?auto"
>>>     #User "www-user"
>>>     #Password "secret"
>>>     VerifyPeer false
>>>     VerifyHost false
>>>     # CACert "/etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem"
>>>     #Server "apache"
>>>   </Instance>
>>> </Plugin>
>>>
>>> Collectd can't access Apache server-status page, there are no logs for
>>> apache, while it still produce logs for CPU, mem, ...
>>>
>>> I tested fetching status page with curl successfully by command
>>>
>>> curl -k https://localhost/server-status
>>> Total Accesses: 2
>>> Total kBytes: 5
>>> CPULoad: .00501855
>>> Uptime: 4583
>>> ReqPerSec: .000436395
>>> BytesPerSec: 1.11717
>>> BytesPerReq: 2560
>>> BusyWorkers: 2
>>>
>>> What is wrong with my collectd config?
>>> is -k option in curl equivalent to VerifyPeer false in collectd-apach
>>> config?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Tien

Att

Toni Moreno

699706656

*Si no quieres perderte en el olvido tan pronto como estés muerto y
corrompido, *

*escribe cosas dignas de leerse, o haz cosas dignas de escribirse.*

*Benjamin Franklin*