[collectd] Frage zu collectd cpufreq

Carsten Spieß fli4l at carsten-spiess.de
Fri Aug 22 14:34:17 CEST 2014

Hello,

On Thu, 21 Aug 2014 07:41:54 +0200, octo wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 06:55:27PM +0200, Carsten Spieß wrote:
> > is there a reason why the cpufreq plugin reads
> > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
> > and not
> > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq?
>
> I'm not aware of a conscious decision one way or the other. The plugin
> is quite old, I guess it's conceivable that cpuinfo_cur_freq didn't
> exist back in the day, but that's pure speculation.
>
> Feel free to send a patch / pull request for this, but please make
> sure to have a fall-back on the old file, in case the cpuinfo_* one
> doesn't exist for some people.
Attached you'll find a patch for this issue.
The presence of scaling_cur_freq is checked first,
if not present, cpuinfo_cur_freq is checked.

Possibly the order of check should be changes, because the
cpuinfo_cur_freq reads the driver, scaling_cur_freq only the last value
set by the cpufreq-governor.

Regards

Carsten
--