[collectd] v5upgrade target causing high IO wait, no RRD updates

GRAY Andrew G (SPARQ) andrew.gray1 at sparq.com.au
Tue Apr 8 09:11:40 CEST 2014

Not sure about debian packaging ... but 5.4 rpm's on centos package the collectd rrdcached plugin separately.
Check it's there. Check the rrdcached daemon and collectd config are referencing the same pipe.
One thing I did notice ... new rrd db files are created with the root owner, rrdcached is running as low priv, implying that collectd is creating the rdd dirs, and then rrdcached cannot write to them. Cron re-chown fix is not very elegant but does work.

My 5.4 + rrdcached 4.7 is now running pretty smoothly and I'm really happy about all the IO wait going away :)

Regards,

Andrew Gray.
RHCSA, Professional Unix Administration.