[collectd] Patch for collecting global average CPU on linux boxes.

Yves Mettier ymettier at free.fr
Wed Nov 20 19:53:57 CET 2013

Hello,

I fully agree with such a patch : I have a similar patch
(https://github.com/perfwatcher/collectd-pw/tree/patch/cpu/src - I
forgot to submit it).

I also suggest that both percent and jiffies be available because of the
aggregation plugin(s).

I was wondering why you need /proc/cpuinfo...
Cannot you use this ?

int numcpu = sysconf( _SC_NPROCESSORS_ONLN );

About my patch :
https://github.com/perfwatcher/collectd-pw/tree/patch/cpu/src : I
decided to use percents instead of jiffies. Maybe that's why I did not
submit it ?
However, please read it and take the best of it into your patch !

Regards,
Yves

---
- Homepage       - http://ymettier.free.fr                             -