[collectd] Help on write_mongodb plugin

Zhou, Yuantai yuantai.zhou at intel.com
Mon Mar 18 23:57:58 CET 2013

Hi all,
Trying to get collectd work on Ubuntu 12.04. The Ubuntu 12.04 build has collectd 4.10. I want to use the write-mongodb plugin so I modified the /etc/apt/sources.list file adding the "deb http://ubuntu.media.mit.edu/ubuntu/ raring main universe". I then ran "apt-get update" and "apt-get install collectd" and had collectd 5.1.0-3 installed. However, after modifying the collectd.conf to enable the write_mongodb plugin, I got an error "Could not find plugin write_mongodb" when restarting the collectd service. I didn't see the "write_mongodb.so" in the "/usr/lib/collectd/".

Any suggestion on how to resolve the error? Prefer not to compile from source if possible.

Thanks.
Yuantai