[collectd] collectd write mysql plugin

Bastian Ballmann bastian.ballmann at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Feb 25 17:00:37 CET 2013

Hi,

I've got a setup where one collectd server reads 573 values per second.
By a lot of servers you talk about collectd servers or servers that a
collectd monitors?
And how many servers are too much?

Greets

Basti

Am 25.02.2013 16:47, schrieb Yves Mettier:
> Hello,
>
> I have worked with this plugin (maybe not in last version).
> Yes, it works well, but with not so many servers.
> And we added servers and servers and more servers to monitor. And it
> became too slow.
> So I wrote the plugin jsonrpc to ask data directly to collectd, not to
> the database.
> About jsonrpc, check Pull Request #154.
>
> So here is one reason not using it if you have a lot of servers.
> I have no other reason using it or not.
>
> Regards,
> Yves
>

> Le 2013-02-25 16:19, Bastian Ballmann a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> why is the write_mysql plugin that can be found in branch
>> https://github.com/octo/collectd/tree/cf/mysql
>> not in the master branch?
>>
>> Except that the sql file to create the database is not in sync with
>> the source code (i updated it see attached file) the plugin seems to
>> work perfectly.
>>
>> Any reason for not using it / merging it officially into the master
>> branch?
>>
>> Thanks && have a nice day
>>
>> Basti

ETH Zürich, Bastian Ballmann, IT Service Group
CAB E 44.1, Universitätsstrasse 6, CH-8092 Zürich
Tel +41 44 632 72 04