[collectd] Interesting memory usage pattern with collectd 5.1.0

Georgi Valkov georgi.t.valkov at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 13:07:38 CET 2012

Hello list,

This is a 12 day graph of collectd's memory usage [1]. The relevant
parts of my config file can be found here [2]. This is concerning,
because resident memory is nearly as much as that of the whole stack
that collectd is supposed to monitor.

Has anyone seen something similar? Restarting collectd every 12 or so
hours is a workaround for now, but I'm curious as to why this is
happening (especially the drops). My guess is that this has something to
do with the python/redis plugin.

What other information can I provide?

[1]: http://i.imgur.com/5sjA1.png
[2]: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=sYKThtqg