[collectd] About rrdtool and rrdcached plugins

Cyril Feraudet collectd at feraudet.com
Thu Feb 23 16:28:48 CET 2012

Hi,

By the way It would be great to add possibility to set RRA
manually.

MIN, MAX and AVERAGE are hardcoded. Actually I d'ont use
neither MIN or MAX for example.

Always in the "rrd create" part,
type's specific RRA interest me highly.

In a first time I think I will
add to "rrdcached plugin" functionality I need.

Regards,

Cyril

Le
23.02.2012 16:07, collectd at faxm0dem.org a écrit :

> Hi Cyril,

had the exact same thought, and added the feature to my todolist.

Maybe octo could shed some light on the roadmap concerning rrdtool
plugin
> and its own cache vs. rrdcached plugin. What are your plans? I
mean there's
> no good reason to keep the code duplication, is there?
>

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 09:20:37PM +0200, Cyril Feraudet wrote:

Hi All, Except mistake of me, we can't use both rrdtool and rrdcached
plugins together. Since "rrdcached" plugin haven't "rrdtool" plugin
options (RRATimespan, RRARows, etc), how to have custom RRD when using
rrdcached ? I actually have custom RRD with rrdcached, but I did that by
modifying "src/utils_rrdcreate.c" badly. Have you an idea to do it
cleaner ? I may be missed something obvious ... Regards, Cyril

Links:
------
[1]
mailto:collectd at verplant.org