[collectd] collectd+rrdcached

Jeremy MAURO jmauro at antidot.net
Mon Aug 13 12:34:56 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question for everybody, does anyone use colletcd+rrdcached?

Because I tried to setup the rrdcached pluding to stop using rrdtools
plugin but when I do so the server is just under heavy IO load. Normally
with rrdtool plugin the load is about 2-3 (See the attachment).

But when I try to activate the rrdcached the server is just unusable,
the load is about 25 (for a 16 CPUs) but I have something like 30% of IO
wait.

Everything is on debian squeeze:
collectd(4.10.1-1+squeeze2)/rrdcached(1.4.3-1)

Any idea why something that is supposed to reduce load is dramatically
increasing it?

--
Cordialement,
Jeremy MAURO

Jeremy MAURO (jmauro at antidot.net) - Ingénieur Systémes et Réseaux
Antidot - Solutions de recherche d'information
29 avenue Jean Monnet, 13410 LAMBESC (FRANCE)
Tel: (+33) 4 42 63 67 90 / Fax: (+33) 4 42 28 61 03