[collectd] RRD Files still generating inputs with the previous step size.

Fabian Wenk fabian at wenks.ch
Thu Aug 2 15:06:35 CEST 2012

Hello Ankit

On 02.08.2012 14:47, Ankit . wrote:
> So, if I change the StepSize, we need to recreate the RRD Files and need to
> delete the previous one?

Yes, it looks at least so to me. Probably the same warning /
details like for the global Interval option [1] (you need to
scroll down a little bit) apply:

---8<-----------------------------------------------------------
Interval Seconds
	Configures the interval in which to query the read plugins.
Obviously smaller values lead to a higher system load produced by
collectd, while higher values lead to more coarse statistics.

	Warning: You should set this once and then never touch it again.
If you do, you will have to delete all your RRD files or know
some serious RRDtool magic! (Assuming you're using the RRDtool or
RRDCacheD plugin.)

   [1]
http://collectd.org/documentation/manpages/collectd.conf.5.shtml#global_options

PS: No need to use "reply all", reply only to the list is
perfect, as I do filter e-mails based on the "List-Id" header line.

bye
Fabian