[collectd] Redis and AMQP Plugins

Steve Thompson steve.thompson at shazamteam.com
Mon Jul 11 16:14:11 CEST 2011

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience or guidance on building collectd with Redis and AMQP? I've tried 3 different Ubuntus and 2 different RedHats along with various versions of the required libs (libcredis and rabbitmq-c) and installing them in various places. Disabling both at the ./configure results in a successful install.

With libcredis make fails with

write_redis.c: In function ‘wr_write’:
write_redis.c:122: error: implicit declaration of function ‘credis_zadd’

And with rabbitmq-c, make fails with

amqp.c: In function ‘camqp_strerror’:
amqp.c:181: error: ‘amqp_rpc_reply_t’ has no member named ‘library_errno’
amqp.c:182: error: ‘amqp_rpc_reply_t’ has no member named ‘library_errno’
amqp.c: In function ‘camqp_create_exchange’:
amqp.c:233: error: incompatible type for argument 7 of ‘amqp_exchange_declare’
/usr/local/include/amqp_framing.h:552: note: expected ‘amqp_table_t’ but argument is of type ‘int’
amqp.c:233: error: too many arguments to function ‘amqp_exchange_declare’
amqp.c: In function ‘camqp_setup_queue’:
amqp.c:319: error: too few arguments to function ‘amqp_basic_consume’
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
amqp.c: In function ‘camqp_subscribe_thread’:
amqp.c:553: error: format ‘%i’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 3 has type ‘cdtime_t’
amqp.c:562: error: format ‘%i’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 3 has type ‘cdtime_t’
make[3]: *** [amqp_la-amqp.lo] Error 1

I've tried Googling these errors but haven't found much of use. There's a similar error with the PHP plugin for libcredis but the fix involves PHP (which doesn't figure in to this problem).

Does anyone have any tips for getting either of these two plugins to install?

BTW, the credis-test works after installing libcredis so I assume it's built correctly.

Thanks

Steve