[collectd] mod_rrd_graph for nginx

Evan Miller emmiller at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 21:48:09 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I didn't see this on the wiki, but if you're looking for a fast but
primitive front-end I wrote mod_rrd_graph a while back:

http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxNgx_rrd_graph
http://github.com/evanmiller/mod_rrd_graph

"Front-end" might be too grand a term. The module is just a way to
invoke "rrdtool graph" through a URL and get the graph back in your
browser. RRDtool gets linked directly into Nginx so there's no Perl or
CGI slowness. I've been using it with some simple static HTML pages
and it has fit my needs so far. Apparently Facebook was using it for a
while, too.

Configuration with Collectd is pretty simple, mine looks like this:

        location /rrdtool {
            rrd_graph;
            rrd_graph_root "/var/lib/collectd/rrd";
        }

I do look forward to trying out C4 though.

--
Evan Miller
http://www.evanmiller.org/