[collectd] Versions 4.8.5 and 4.9.2 available.
octo at verplant.org
Thu Apr 22 12:02:24 CEST 2010
I've packaged new patch releases of the currently supported versions of
collectd, 4.9 and 4.8. Among other things, the releases fix a
segmentation fault in the network plugin that can be triggered by a
broken or crafted UDP packet. The problem was introduced with version
4.8.0. All users of 4.9.* and 4.8.* are advised to upgrade.
In case you were wondering what happened to version 4.8.4: I uploaded a
version 4.8.4 on April 7 but forgot to send an announcement to the
mailing list. Sorry :(
Source tarballs are available from collectd's homepage. The direct
download links are:
Thanks to everybody who helped with these releases. In particular, the
releases contain new code by:
* Amit Gupta
* Chris Buben
* Jan Engelhardt
* Manuel Sanmartin
* Michael Stapelberg
* Paul Sadauskas
* Peter Warasin
* Sebastian Harl
* Sven Trenkel
* Vincent McIntyre
2010-04-22, Version 4.9.2
* Build system, various plugins: Fixes for AIX compatibility have been
added. Thanks to Manuel Sanmartin for his patches.
* Build system: Checking for "nanosleep" on old Solaris machines has
been fixed. Thanks to Vincent McIntyre and Sebastian Harl for
figuring out a way to make this work.
* collectd: Append a newline to messages written to STDERR.
* collectd: Serialization of NANs in JSON format has been fixed.
Thanks to Chris Buben for pointing out the resulting syntax error.
* collectd: Checks whether a "sleep" returned early have been added;
the cases are now handled correctly. Thanks to Michael Stapelberg
for the patch.
* collectd: Continue reading files in a directory when parsing one
* apache plugin: Collection of the number of active connections has
been fixed for Apache 2.*.
* contextswitch plugin: Handle large counter/derive values correctly.
Thanks to Martin Merkel for reporting the bug.
* exec plugin: Error messages have been improved. The "running" flag
is now cleared correctly when forking a child fails.
* iptables plugin: Fix a violation of aliasing rules. This resolves a
warning / error with new GCC versions. Thanks to Jan Engelhardt for
* java plugin: The Java API files are now packaged into a .jar file.
Thanks to Amit Gupta for his patch.
* network plugin: Fix a segmentation fault when receiving packets with
an unknown data source type.
* network plugin: A memory leak when receiving encrypted network
packets has been fixed.
* openvpn plugin: Fix naming schema when reading "MULTI1" type status
* oracle plugin: Fix checking for lost connections and reconnect in
this case. Thanks to Sven Trenkel for pointing out the problem.
* unixsock plugin: A memory leak in the "LISTVAL" command has been
fixed. Thanks to Peter Warasin for pointing it out.
* write_http plugin: Use the "any" authentication schema. This used to
be "digest". Thanks to Paul Sadauskas for the patch.
Florian octo Forster
Hacker in training
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://mailman.verplant.org/pipermail/collectd/attachments/20100422/5e1a47de/attachment.pgp
More information about the collectd