[collectd] "Redesign" of the Debian collectd package

Stephan Maka stephan at spaceboyz.net
Wed Sep 30 20:04:28 CEST 2009

Not sure I understand this scheme; you want to include the rrdtool
plugin without a dependency on librrd? How is that supposed to work?

Would it be possible to have an extra package for each plugin? Or at
least for those with external dependencies, so collectd-core only
includes cpu, memory, swap, ...?

Other than that I agree with sensible defaults, ie. collectd shouldn't
write to disk or send to the network by default. Maybe we can use the
plugins-{available,enabled}/ scheme for all additional plugins like the
apache2 package does.