[collectd] threshold checking on interface

Andrés J. Díaz ajdiaz at connectical.com
Wed Jun 3 11:56:34 CEST 2009

Hi Brett

The problem, i think, is related to Instance keyword, the interface
name (em0 for you) is a type instance, not a plugin instance (if you
review the rrd directory, you can found a interface/if_octects-em0,
instead of interface-em0/if_octects).

Try the following configuration (works for me):

 <Threshold>
   <Plugin "interface">
       <Type "if_octets">
         Instance "em0" # Now instance in into Type section :D
         DataSource "tx"
         FailureMax 300000
       </Type>
   </Plugin>