[collectd] where to write data from external script

Stefan Arn arnstefan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 11:37:25 CET 2009

Hi 2 all

I want to monitor how many discs are marked as online on my raid
controller. So far I use a commandline tool for that. I wrote a little
shell script which returns:

PUTVAL localhost/raid/discs N:2

Nummer 2 is the actual number of the discs online. the rest is from
your documentation, though I think the raid/discs part is wrong.

Further I added the exec plugin and configured it to work with my script:

LoadPlugin exec
<Plugin exec>
        Exec "root:root" "/opt/MegaRAID/MegaCli/raiddiscsonline.sh"
</Plugin>

Now I'm stuck, what else do I have to do that there is a nice rrd in
raid/discs which simply collects the number of raid discs which are
online

thanks for any help
stefan