[collectd] collection3 missing dependency Regexp/Common.pm

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Sun Dec 13 15:38:16 CET 2009

Hi Stefan,

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 02:01:17PM +0000, bd at bc-bd.org wrote:
> the version in debian backports also needs
>
> 	Regexp/Common.pm
>
> Can't locate Regexp/Common.pm in @INC […]

libregexp-common-perl is suggested by the collectd package in Debian.
Since collection{3,.cgi} are optional parts that are shipped in /usr/
share/doc/, this form of (very) soft "dependency" is the only reasonable
approach.

Anyway, I'm thinking about a separate package for collection3 at some
point in the future. I'd rather like collection3 to be somewhat more
officially supported (i.e. not shipped in contrib/) for that to happen,
though.

Cheers,