[collectd] SNMP Sub-OID Question

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Wed Dec 2 17:26:20 CET 2009

Hi David,

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 10:06:17AM -0700, David Mitchell wrote:
> Looking at this more, I'm probably going to quickly hit another bump.
> The fixed DATA_MAX_NAME_LEN specifically.
>> Are there any plans to expand the maximum name length? Or even better
> allow it to be a dynamic size?

no, currently there are no plans on raising that limit, but I'm not
really opposed to it either. Changing the define in src/plugin.h should
be the only change required (ideally) and especially increasing that
limit should not be an backwards incompatible change.

Why don't you go ahead and try compiling with that define set to 192 or
whatever suits your needs. I'd be very interested if raising this limit
is really as simple as it ought to be.

Regards,
—octo