[collectd] ipv6 at collectd.org

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Sun Nov 16 10:27:21 CET 2008

Hi José,

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 02:12:36PM +0100, Jose Manuel Macias Luna wrote:
> I'm having trouble accessing via ipv6 to collectd.org; I can connect
> to the server but it's not responding to me:

that sounds like an MTU problem or similar. Do you tunnel the IPv6
traffic somehow? Do other IPv6 sites work, such as www.ipv6.org and
ipv6.google.com?

Since my machine has native IPv6 (i. e. without tunnel) and I haven't
had problems with it for years, I don't think it's a problem on my end.
But I can always be wrong and 'd be eager to work this out..

Did anyone on the list experience similar problems?

If you just want to access the page and don't want to worry about that
IPv6 problem much, you can simply use the following URL, it will resolve
to an IPv4 address only:
  http://ipv4.collectd.org/