[collectd] perl plugin woes

Thorsten von Eicken tve at voneicken.com
Mon Mar 10 04:11:01 CET 2008

I'm having trouble getting the perl plugin to work on CentOS 5.0. As
soon as I put a LoadPlugin line into the perl conf section I get:

[2008-03-09 23:02:22] perl: Initializing Perl interpreter...
/usr/sbin/collectd: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/IO/IO.so: undefined
symbol: Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr

This is using collectd 4.3.1
I'm probably going to switch to writing an exec plugin instead as I
don't have the energy to spend more hours troubleshooting this, but if
someone knows the solution, I'd love to hear.

Thanks!
Thorsten