[collectd] Modul Error with IPMI and SNMP undefined symbol

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue Jul 8 12:26:38 CEST 2008

Hi unidentified user,

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 12:07:26PM +0200, haseningo at gmx.de wrote:
> But when I want to use the modules, I got always the same error:
>
> /opt/collectd/sbin/collectd -f
> /opt/collectd/sbin/collectd: symbol lookup error: /opt/collectd/lib/collectd/snmp.so: undefined symbol: init_snmp
>
> or
>
> /opt/collectd/sbin/collectd -f
> /opt/collectd/sbin/collectd: symbol lookup error: /opt/collectd/lib/collectd/ipmi.so: undefined symbol: ipmi_posix_thread_setup_os_handler

could you please provide the output of:
-- 8< --
 ldd /opt/collectd/lib/collectd/ipmi.so
 ldd /opt/collectd/lib/collectd/snmp.so
-- >8 --

Also, the file `config.log', created by the configure script, would be
useful, along with the output of the make process. To cat the output of
the make process in a file, please use:
-- 8< --
 make clean
 make 2>&1 | tee make.log
-- >8 --
And send us the file `make.log'.

If both files exceed 40kByte in total, please either put them on a
website somewhere or compress them with BZip2.