[collectd] network plugin: Missing values when under heavy load

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Wed Jan 23 22:26:41 CET 2008

Hello again,

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 04:05:27PM +0100, Florian Forster wrote:
> - Use one or more separate threads in the network plugin to dispatch
>   the values to write functions. This would effectively move the
>   buffer from the OS to the daemon where it could grow dynamically.

I've implemented this today and pushed it to the Git repository; it's
included in the 4.1, 4.2 and master branches.

I'll pack a new release with this fix as soon as someone can confirm
that this fixes the problem for him, too, or some other bugfix comes up
- whichever happens first. Unfortunately I wasn't able to test this
under load yet, but I've run some simple tests that it's working and
shutting down cleanly.