[collectd] Thought about exec and types.db

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sat Jan 12 14:31:06 CET 2008

Hi all,

I've just found collectd today -- it rocks! Way cool to see et.redhat.com
folks contributing here. :-)

I wrote a custom exec script, which didn't work until I read about types.db
in the mailing list archives. A note about that on the website/manpage might
save the next person some hair. :-)

A thought though: I don't really like modifying package-provided data files
such as types.db. Although I can customise where that file resides, it would
be very helpful to have, for instance, /etc/collectd/types.db as well. Then,
an administrator can add custom types to their heart's content. :-)

Thanks very much for collectd,

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia        http://lca2008.linux.org.au/

     "World domination is a community responsibility." - Michael Hall,
                                LinuxPlanet