[collectd] First time user of collectd 4.2.1: Issue with exec pluggin

jeff nad jixen10 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 12 16:13:16 CET 2007

Hi Octo,

I apologize... I did disable all output plugins after testing with default
pluggins.   I see the metrics now in csv.

Im not sure to understand correctly how collectd works.  If I leave all
output pluggins disabled in client mode, could a remote server node do all
the rrd work ?

We have around 800 nodes and I question myself about the best model to
gather metrics and generate rrd in the a scalable way.   Having each server
generate its own rrds locally is interesting, but I would have to rsync that
to a central location afterward.   What do you recommend ?

And btw, nice work creating collectd.   This really targets the datacenter
needs.

best regards,

Jean-Francois