[collectd] should utils_llist duplicate and own char *key?

Luke Heberling collectd at c-ware.com
Wed Dec 12 00:44:18 CET 2007

Whilst looking at my implementation of the plugins we've discussed which
are now using dual avl trees, I saw that the utils_llist module would be
a more efficient substitute for the second avl tree. However, it would
need to know its size and would preferably not duplicate and own the key
for each item. Here's a patch which does this.  These changes might make
it easier for future plugins to use the linked list for similar
purposes, similar to the way the avl tree does not impose any lifetime
on its keys. What do you guys think?

Luke