[collectd] collectd 4.1.1 and network

Luke Heberling collectd at c-ware.com
Tue Dec 4 00:13:01 CET 2007

Richard Shade wrote:
> Does anyone know is network missing in collectd 4.1.1 64 bit. We are
> having a problem getting it to send information to a collectd server?
I have a number of machines (mix of i386 and amd64) reporting to amd64
servers, all running 4.2.0 on debian. They have previously run 4.1.0 and
3.11.something without issues. So I can confirm that it works. One easy
mistake to make is to misconfigure collectd.conf such that the "<Plugin
network>...</network>" section is included but no "LoadPlugin network"
line. You'll know because collectd will warn you that the "network
plugin failed to register a callback" or something to that effect.
(assuming the syslog plugin is correctly configured).

I'd use netstat on the server to verify that it's listening, tcpdump on
the client to make sure it's talking, and it both show success then its
probably a routing or netfilter problem somewhere in between.

Luke Heberling