[collectd] Device names in collection.cgi for hddtemp and df graphs?

Tue Apr 10 15:55:18 CEST 2007

Hello.

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:31:57 +0300 Florian Forster wrote:
> The problem with changing the filenames is that that breaks backwards
> compatibility.

For my case, renaming the appropriate RRD files seems to be enough (e.g.
disk-3-0.rrd becomes disk-hda.rrd on my system). This is what you mean
when saying breaking backwards compatibility or are there other
implications I'm not aware of?

> So for version 3 this should be `fixed' without changing
> the filenames, e. g. by resolving the named in `collection.cgi'.

Oh, right, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe because I've long forgotten
much of the Perl I once knew. :-)

> Version 4 already does use the disk-name as `type instance'. If you
> don't have many RRD-files with much data in them and you don't want to
> use collectd in a production environment, it's be easiest if you'd use
> the new version and save yourself from having to migrate a lot of data.
> ;)

Since I've been running collectd for about two days, there isn't much
data to lose so I might try that.

I somehow managed to miss it when looking at collectd.h; thanks.

--
Aggelos Orfanakos