[collectd] Version 4.0.0-rc0 up for testing

Mon Apr 2 18:19:18 CEST 2007

Hi everybody,

after a lot of development (104 files changed, 12949 lines inserted,
8323 lines deleted) I present to you the first test-version of the next
major release. The features are complete, but
- there are, sure as hell, a lot of bugs,
- the documentation may be inaccurate in parts,
- there is NO migration-script yet.

You can get download the source tarballs from collectd's website:
<http://collectd.org/download.shtml#development_source>

There are two major ways in which YOU can help:
- Give it a try and if you don't understand something, anything, please
  ask. However dumb your question may seem, it will help improve the
  documentation.
- Give it a try and report bugs. Don't be shy: If it's not a bug, the
  documentation argument applies.
Also, if you don't LIKE a concept, NOW's the time to complain about it.

I will release version 4.0.0 as soon as I have a working migration
script.

Best regards,