[collectd] Is there any possibility to hide the address in the web archive?

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Sun Nov 26 20:20:00 CET 2006

Hi Lubos,

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 07:08:34PM +0100, Lubo?? Stan??k wrote:
> is there any possibility to hide the "username at foo.com" in the web
> archive of the list?
> Maybe you looked over my previous message.

oh, yes, I missed it.. Sorry :/

I've chaned the mailman archiving script to insert some garbage in the
form of `<span style="display: none;">garbage</span>', hoping that no
address harvesting robot has implemented CSS2 yet ;)

> I am getting very large amount of garbage into my mailbox from the
> time of registering into this list. It could be also caused by any
> malware at some subscriber.

If the time of your subscription and the time your mail volume
increased match closely, then I think the malware assumption is more
likely. Just a guess, though.

> Maybe I will get limitedly unconfined connection some day to host my
> own domain. It is not currently possible. I can get only indefinitely
> limited connection for a reasonable price.

Isn't unlimited connectivity somewhat better? Or did I missunderstand
you?