[collectd] MySQL Plugin RPM

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue Mar 14 23:42:54 CET 2006

Hi Shaun,

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 05:20:04PM -0500, Shaun wrote:
> Sorry to reopen this, but has anyone yet addressed the MySQL Plugin
> RPM for RHEL3 not being linked properly? I'd really like to get that
> running.

I've sent an mail to Andreas and he wrote he wanted to build packages
last weekend or yesterday. Guess he didn't get to do it yet :/

> As a side note - Can I just compile the mysql plugin from the collectd
> source and use it with the collectd rpm?

It might work, but I wouldn't bet on it.. I guess it'd be safer to just
build the RPM yourself.. A specfile is included in the tarball, but it
may have some bugs.. Since I don't have any RPM based systems of my own
anymore I just update the Specfile as I go along, without testing it..
But it should be easy to fix those problems if you've every built an RPM
before..

Sorry I can't be of much help :/