[collectd] 2 Small problems with collectd

Sebastian Harl sh at tokkee.org
Mon Jul 10 15:55:00 CEST 2006

Hi,

> The
> swap pluging reports 'nan' as value for the reserved amount of swap.

Could you please provide the output of "cat /proc/meminfo"?

> The other problem is caused by my disks (maxtor DM10) and/or hddtemp. The
> hddtemp tool reports a temp of 54 * instead of 54 C. Collectd isn't to happy
> about this. (not to much of a suprise) Is there a way to tell collectd to
> ignote the character trailing the temp?

You should tell hddtemp to report "C" instead of "*". You probably can
configure that in /etc/hddtemp.db. Please have a look at the hddtemp(8)
manpage as I do not currently know by head what exactly you have to do.

HTH,

Sebastian "tokkee" Harl
GnuPG-ID: 0x8501C7FC
http://tokkee.org/