[collectd] How to store MySQL statistics?

Florian Forster octo at verplant.org
Tue Dec 20 11:18:33 CET 2005

Hi :)

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 10:45:51AM +0100, Niki Waibel wrote:
> hmmm -- i dont know that much about the mysql quotas,
                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hehe, you've spent too much time with quotas ;)

> but i really think that a dir structure is necessary for the .rrd
> files. at least for the quota plugin, i think there is no
> workaround...

Good idea, I haven't thought of that..

> one of:
>         plugin_submit()
>         plugin_write()
>         <plugin>_write)()
>         rrd_update_file()
> should be able to create the dirs if necessary.

It should be easy to change `rrd_update_file' so it creates
subdirectories if the filename passed to it includes a slash..

`plugin_submit' may not be on the same machine, `plugin_write' doesn't
know the filename yet[1] and putting that int `<plugin>_write()' would
be super-redundant..

[1] If all RRD-files are created under a subdirectory with the name of
the plugin then `plugin_write' could create the directory. However,
since such a change would require much user-action I don't want to do
that..